Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Calling All Cookie Monsters

So, today I had the urge to bake some cookies.  This was my third batch of cookies in 8 days. Don't judge.  One was for company!

I was thinking of making some oatmeal raisin cookies.  I always have a huge canister of oats on hand (I heart oatmeal), and I just bought a new container of raisins the other day.  Then I realized that I didn't have butter.  And that chocolate should probably be involved.  Shouldn't it always?

I consulted one of my favorite blogs, Carrots 'N' Cake, because I remembered a recipe I had read on there that would work!  I made a few modifications based on the ingredients that I had and came up with the following:



Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from http://carrotsncake.com/
Makes 8-10 medium cookies


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (all out of whole wheat!)
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/4 t cinnamon
  • 1 T maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • 1 T canola oil
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • pinch of salt


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.
  • Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and use a spoon to portion cookies onto baking sheet, placing them about 1 inch apart.
  • Bake for 11 minutes.
  • Place cookies on a wire cooling rack.

Now, I wouldn't make these cookies if you are craving a decadent, buttery cookie. These are more on the healthy side, but in my opinion, are banana-y and chocolatey and quite tasty!  Plus, they contain whole grains and fruit, so they are basically a health food!  And, as an added bonus, there is only one mixing bowl to wash!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...