Thursday, July 14, 2011

Man v. Food

The other day, Mike told me that he wanted to cook dinner for us one night this week.  Music to my ears!  Since I like to cook and bake, and am studying nutrition, I typically do most of the meal planning and cooking for us.  I don't mind this system at all, but, in my opinion, there is something so attractive about a man who can cook a yummy dinner that a) does not come from a box, b) isn't ramen noodles, and c) isn't take-out disguised as home cooking.  He even brought home some pretty flowers!



Mike kept his lips sealed about the menu until last night when he revealed that he would be making the following:






I would definitely recommend this meal.  Particularly the salmon.  It was moist and flaky and had a lot of different flavors going on between the pineapple, onion, and capers.  I was so impressed with Mike's choice of recipes and his ability to follow the directions to produce a delicious finished product.  He said that he made sure to include a protein, grain, and vegetable, because you should have all three.  "I learned from the best," he said.  Aw, shucks!



And for dessert, two options.  Technically, one was the appetizer and one was the dessert, since we split the mini strawberry shortcake while dinner was cooking.  After dinner, we had some delicious ice cream sundaes made with vanilla Haagen-Dazs ice cream, fresh strawberries, chocolate chips, and whipped cream.  That's right, the future dietitian had two desserts.  And I liked it.  So sue me :)

Somehow, I forgot to take a picture.  Probably too busy enjoying!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...